Friday, January 3, 2014

Rocky Road Bars

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had as great a holiday season as I did! For Christmas, I was very happy and fortunate to spend it with my family back in the Bay Area. With a lot of relaxing, being surrounded by my family & their love, ice skating, meeting up with dear friends, and eating more food than I could handle, I couldn't have asked for anything else to make a great Christmas vacation! For New Years, Adam and I popped open a bottle of Cook's (classy... I know), played Kingdom Hearts (one of my favorite games btw), and watched the ball drop to say goodbye to a great year and to welcome another exciting year. I'd have to say, it's already off to a great start!

To kick off 2014, I decided to make some simple Rocky Road Bars. They're super easy and they don't take long to make. I will say they are a bit rich, but that's ok! Anything with marshmallows is a winner in my book.



What You Need
- 1 cup & 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup & 2 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup salted and roasted peanuts

What You Do
Line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper. Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips until smooth. Remove from head and let cool slightly. Add in most of the marshmallows and peanuts and stir to combine. Evenly spread chocolate mixture in the pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining marshmallows and peanuts. Place in refrigerator to set. Once completely cooled, cut into squares big or small enough for you to enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment