Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cheesecake Marbled Brownies with a Twist

The past week has been filled with lots of excitement! Adam and I moved from San Francisco to Oregon, we got engaged, and we found our new home in Portland within days of relocating. Things seriously couldn't get any better!

To help celebrate all of these wonderful things, I knew I needed to make something incredibly delicious. I remember making the Smitten Kitchen Cheesecake Marbled Brownies a few months back, and everyone seemed to enjoy them. So I thought, "Why not?! They were good the first time, and maybe I can make it even more yummy!"

With a minor adjustment of adding peanut butter chips, I was right. The brownies came out perfectly and the peanut butter made a world of a difference! Everything blended well together and the brownies were moist. The fat kid in me was very happy!


Brownie Batter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup flour

Cheesecake Batter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
-1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Other
-Few handfuls of chocolate chips and peanut butter chips (or 1/2 cup each)

What you do

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8X8 pan

2. In a medium-large bowl, melt butter (1 stick) and unsweetened chocolate (3oz) double-boiler style: simmer water in a pot and place mixing bowl with ingredients on top. Whisk occasionally just until ingredients are melted and remove from heat.



3. Whisk in the sugar (1cup), eggs (2), and vanilla (1/2tsp), and a pinch of salt until well combined.

4. Whisk in flour (2/3cup) until well combined. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.

5. In another bowl, mix cheesecake batter ingredients until smooth (cream cheese, 8oz; sugar, 1/3cup; 1 egg yolk; vanilla extract, 1/4tsp).



6. Dollop cheesecake mix over brownie batter, then swirl with a knife. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.


7. Place batter into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. When finished, you can serve warm or at room temperature.

I'm very pleased with the way these turned out, especially because I got my future mother-in-law's approval! I'd 100% recommend to make these for any gathering. People will be going for more than just one!








2 comments: