Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snickerdoodle Brownies

Today I took the day off to visit some family up in Rescue before I make the big move up to Oregon this weekend. I was able to spend the evening with my Mom, Grandparents, Uncle D, and cousin Anthony. As always, it was great spending time with them and dinner/dessert was filled with lots of laughs!

Seeing as how I'd be spending some quality time with my family, I wanted to bake something very tasty. This time I tried my hand at making Snickerdoodle Brownies, and they turned out to be a crowd pleaser!

Please take note, I used Pampered Chef Brownie Pan for these brownies. If you don't have something like this, then a 9X13 inch pan will work.

I also made the brownies a little bit thinner, so I cut the baking time in half. I think next time I'll fill the pan with more batter for some extra brownie!


What you need:
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (aka 2 sticks) room temperature butter
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

What you do:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9X13 inch pan. Or if you have a brownie pan like me, go ahead and grease that.

2. Whisk together the flour (2 2/3 cups), baking powder (2 tsp), and salt (1 tsp). Set aside.

3. In a large bowl, beat together the brown sugar (2 cups), butter (1 cup), eggs (2),  and vanilla (1 tbsp) until smooth. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and beat until blended.


4. Spread batter evenly into pan. If using the brownie pan, you can use small ice cream scoop (or spoon) to place the batter evenly in each square. Then flatten out with your hand so the batter will fill the bottom.   

5. In a small bowl, combine the sugar (2 tbsp) and cinnamon (2 tsp).

6. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the batter.


7. Bake for 25-30 minutes (if making thin brownies and using the brownie pan, only bake for 12-13 minutes), or until surface springs back when pressed. Remove from heat and let brownies cool for a few minutes. While brownies are still warm, cut into squares. Enjoy the cinnamon-sugar scent that the brownies make and eat away or save for a family gathering!

Seeing as how I will miss my family, I'm very happy I got to spend the day with them. These brownies were fun to make for everyone and a great addition to our fun-filled evening! 

1 comment: