Friday, April 5, 2013

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

Earlier this week was Adam's birthday! I asked him if he had any special baking requests, and right away he asked for the Oreo Cheesecake Cookies. Fine by me! These cookies are one of my favorites for many reasons: they're soft and chewy, they are covered in Oreo crumbs, and the cookie itself reminds me of the Oreo cream filling! No joke!

I won't lie, I did burn the first batch because I wasn't paying attention to the time. Grr! I couldn't live with myself if Adam had to eat burned cookies for his birthday, so I made another batch. Luckily the cookies came out better than ever!



What you need (serves between 12-15 cookies)
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs (about 11 Oreo cookies)

What you do

1. Crumble up Oreo cookies in a large Ziploc bag until you get small crumbs. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.



2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper

3. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter (1/2cup) and cream cheese (3oz) until well-combined and smooth.

4. Add in sugar (1cup) and vanilla extract (1tsp) and mix until well-combined. Add in flour (1cup) and mix until flour is incorporated. Then, fold in both the semi-sweet (1/2cup) and white (1/2cup) chocolate chips.



5. Scoop cookies into about 1 1/2 to 2-inch balls and then roll into cookie crumbs. Place the cookie balls on your baking sheet and flatten out slightly. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are so very slightly golden. **Tip: Cookies won't look completely done (when they actually are) so don't wait until you are actually seeing golden edges if you want a softer cookie all-around.**



6. When cookies are done, they won't actually look done or be firm. No need to worry! Let them cool for a few minutes before enjoying.

4 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Do you think it would work the same if I used gluten free oreos?
    -Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog and it's awesome!
    Looks like you are having fun in Portland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Melissa! I'm glad you're enjoying it =)

      Delete