Sunday, February 3, 2013

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies

Welcome to my first post!

Ever since I got a jar of chunky peanut butter from Target from about a few weeks ago, I've been wanting to make some peanut butter cookies. Finally, Super Bowl Sunday has given me the perfect opportunity to make some delicious peanut butter cookies, especially because the 49ers were in it this year!

Usually when I have a peanut butter cookie, they're hard and don't exactly have a whole lot of crunch to them. So I did a little bit of researching, and found a 'Soft Peanut Butter Cookies' recipe from food.com. It looked do-able, but I also felt that I needed to make it my own. So instead of having creamy peanut butter, I made these cookies with crunchy peanut butter. Not only that, but I dipped these cookies in chocolate to add a little extra oomph! Needless to say...I am very proud of what I made and they turned out to be a hit!

Here is what you need:

-1 cup  chunky peanut butter
-1 cup packed brown sugar
-1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
-1 cup butter (softened)
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 1/2 cups flour
-1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

(makes about 35 cookies)

Here is what you do:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper. **Parchment paper saves a lot of time in cleaning up!**

1. Cream peanut butter, sugars, and butter together.



2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended.

3. Add baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla

4. Mix in flour.



5. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and then roll in sugar. Flatten cookies using a fork, in a criss-cross pattern. **Tip: I use a small ice cream scoop when making cookies. All the cookies will be one size and therefore help bake all the cookies evenly**



6. Bake cookies for about 7 minutes and let cool completely.



7. Microwave chocolate chips at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate chips are melted.

8. Once melted, dip cookies in chocolate sauce. Put cookies back onto parchment-lined cookie sheet and place into freezer for about 15 minutes.




9. Take out of freezer and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. THEY WERE SO GOOD. Usually I am so-so about peanut butter cookies as they can sometimes be dry, but these were so moist and the extra chocolate was a nice treat. Also, chunky peanut butter FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Blog name and of course your beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative idea! I will have to try this out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete